Meet the Momster:
Hi friend! When I am not working on my blog, I spend most of my days getting millions of kisses from my adoring fans. Okay, they are actually my children. And when they aren’t kissing me, they are shouting “Mom, Momma, MOM”, harassing each other, tearing up the house, and just generally bent on chaos and destruction. But I digress…
Reflecting over my life I can see that I have always been passionate about the same things: creativity, family, and spirituality. I have spent countless hours considering the best way to raise children, manage a household, relate to God, and bind a quilt. I love to paint (although I have a real artist for a husband, which is a little intimidating in that arena), I love to figure out a new system that makes housework easier (because I HATE housework), and I love to learn more about what a real relationship with God looks like. I could go on, but you get the picture: these things are my passion. Where your passion is, so also should be your focus, your dedication and your work.
The thing that is missing though, the thing that this blog will hopefully help to find and develop, is a community of women to share those passions with. I would love for you to be one of those women.
If we are to be sisters, there are a few things you should know about me.
- I am honest. Raw. Somewhat unfiltered (although I make a strong effort to be kind and gentle with my honesty). I want to authentically share who and where I am, and that means transparency. I do transparency well.
- I am a wife and mommy first. Well, I am a child of the Most High God first, but in my work here in this lifetime, I am a wife and mommy first. My husband, Bryan, is an artist (for hire!), and we have 6 (mostly) lovely children, Aimee, Liam, Estella, Abrahm, Eva, and Ransom. They are the inspiration and motivation for most everything we do. And they are cute.
- I LOVE to sew. Quilting is my favorite, but if I have a needle and thread and fabric, I’m pretty happy. Speaking of fabric, I may have a bit of a hording problem. But it’s okay. I assure you I NEED all of it.
- I cannot live without music. I have several bands that land in my favorites list, Clutch, the Smashing Pumpkins, Tool, A Perfect Circle, and probably a few more. However, none compare to how I feel about Gogol Bordello. THAT is what my soul sounds like.
- In spite of the fact that my family has lived in the same house for 12 years, I have a drifter heart. I would be at home living as a nomad. This would probably work out for me because I am SUPER socially awkward.
- I love decaf coffee. I don’t care what other people say…don’t tell me how to live my life. I have been pregnant and/or breastfeeding for the past 4 years of my life. STRAIGHT. Decaf rules. (In case you are wondering, Gevalia makes the best affordable decaf that I have found so far. Thank you Gevalia.)
If you are looking for unflinchingly honest stories, advice and other such things about family, spirituality, and creativity, stop where you are and click that submit button!